Dota 2 FOOTMEN VS GRUNTS

John_Stamoist John_Stamoist

Dota 2 FOOTMEN VS GRUNTS

Hello all, I've been a big fan of Footmen vs Grunts back when I first played it six years ago. I have recently been playing it again on Frozen Throne so that I can see all the spells/abilities involved. I would love to have a port of this game in Dota 2, fresh new graphics for a badass game.

I first wanted to have the blessing of those who edit the game before starting this project. However, before that I would like to know if the team is currently already working on a FvG port for Dota 2?

The Source 2.0 engine along with fully integrated custom games is sent to launch during the New Bloom Festival patch. Custom games in the past were a bitch to play since the test version had to be launched every time for Source 2.0, but now more people will be willing to play custom games, not sure if any of you have this problem out there.
wTc[JediMaster] wTc[JediMaster]

Re: Dota 2 FOOTMEN VS GRUNTS

Not sure if you're trolling or really are from Dota2 staff or not.

Anyway you need to talk to Compit cuz it's his map.
the closest thing that wTc's FvG made outside is a member that started a simular map on sc2 ZvZ (Zelot Vs Zergling)

Still imo this seems like a bad idea unless hes paid well, cuz it's kinda contraproductive to make a map on wc3 and trying to keep this game alive with all the other muppets moved on from DotA allstars and so on to make HoN LoL Dota2 and all those other copy cats from wc3 maps :P
so then to help those people that left the orginal game to develop something else, well just seems like an bad idea still not up to me the map belongs to Compit.

Tho for you id say FvG is toobig and have alota units that you just made into mobs. You just have 1 controlable Hero with some repice items and minior spells, and from what i've seen you don't really use Auras. so seems you will make Dota2 into Wc4 then if you keep bringing up maps from wc3 :P

Still as i just just my opinions, talk to compit.
Take care John :)
May The Force Be With You! & Have a wormTastic game!
John_Stamoist John_Stamoist

Re: Dota 2 FOOTMEN VS GRUNTS

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I am not from the Dota 2 staff but a really big fan of Dota 2 and Warcraft 3 custom games. As of now there would be no compensation since the Custom Game patch is not out, but as of now a lot of old Warcraft 3 custom games are appearing in Dota 2. Hero Line Wars, Pudge Wars, Warlocks, ENTS, and Footmen Frenzy have all been ported. Element TD and Uther Party(Omni Party in Dota 2 because of Blizzard) are almost complete as well.

You do bring up a great point about the amount of units. When I played footmen frenzy a lot of peope would DC because their computers couldn't handle the amount of units. I really love playing Footmen vs Grunts, and would like to do so in newer graphics since WC4 never came out, but Dota 2 made this possible for us!

As of now I have a lot of workload at my job to take care of, but was going to start trying to make it after all that is done and if Compit will give me his blessings.

Is there an email that I can reach him at or is it better to just PM him here?
wTc[JediMaster] wTc[JediMaster]

Re: Dota 2 FOOTMEN VS GRUNTS

I think if you mail him here , it will get to him cuz you reg with an Email.
just loggin and click on his acc name in the forum or somewhere on the site where his acc is clickable :P
May The Force Be With You! & Have a wormTastic game!