Map Upload Service for Byt

12
toxis374 toxis374

Map Upload Service for Byt

So as some of you might have noticed I've been working on an map upload service for Byt (b.t.w. why isnt Byt listed as a host bot on the main page? ). Well, here it is:

http://Xox.dynalias.neX/MapUL (replace all X by t)

The current disk quota is 1 GiB. And as simple as the service is, there's a limitation of one concurrent upload at each time.

If some of you might experience issues concerning the language you see on that page, you might be interested in the fact that the page determines your language by your web browser settings. So far, there is German and English available. German is the default.
wTc[JediMaster] wTc[JediMaster]

Re: Map Upload Service for Byt

Tox it is listed now, but the reason why is maybe cuz only I and Weed got admin on it :)?

So Are you telling us we can upload maps to the bot by ourselfs :)?

anyway I as I asked long be4 I have some maps I'd love you to add,
Can send Links leater.
May The Force Be With You! & Have a wormTastic game!
wTc[JediMaster] wTc[JediMaster]

Re: Map Upload Service for Byt

Ok Checked The site, at first it did not work. (I thought that The X->T was on/in the site.)
but ok it Looks Good, (im not at home so don't got anymaps right now.)

not cuz it's a problem there is verry Little text, but the one that are there. can you make it to English :) ?
if not ok, if you can thx :)
May The Force Be With You! & Have a wormTastic game!
wTc[JediMaster] wTc[JediMaster]

Re: Map Upload Service for Byt

Oh You written about the text ( did not see it, there was an Error Pic in the way)

BTW more info about the bot? like how fast is it :)?
and what is your gamelimit exetra :)?
May The Force Be With You! & Have a wormTastic game!
toxis374 toxis374

Re: Map Upload Service for Byt

Yes, I'm telling you you can upload maps to the bot by yourself . That's why I set it up. I personally wouldn't need it cause I have direct access. So you don't need to send me your links. I wouldn't use the upload page anyway. I would just go to the maps, download them and place them in the maps folder. But that's not what I want. I want you to use the upload page so I dont get bothered with deploying the maps . I might consider giving you the choice to directly type in a web link instead of a file from your hard disk though.

The bot is on a dedicated laptop at my home, connected by a 25/5 down/up line with a quite low latency, which should be enough for everything. The current game limit is 5 but I don't see any reason for not increasing it as soon as it is required.
wTc[JediMaster] wTc[JediMaster]

Re: Map Upload Service for Byt

So tox I've added like 15 new maps I like :)
May The Force Be With You! & Have a wormTastic game!
wTc[JediMaster] wTc[JediMaster]

Re: Map Upload Service for Byt

So for all you melee gamers Check out: Xone micro
and for those who like Worm wars : 101 rounds
May The Force Be With You! & Have a wormTastic game!
toxis374 toxis374

Re: Map Upload Service for Byt

The service can now be found at:

http://Xox.dyndns.info/MapUL (replace all X by t)

The reason is that dyndns.org obviously removed support for dynalias.net domains, silently, without notice.
wTc[JediMaster] wTc[JediMaster]

Re: Map Upload Service for Byt

not all X then it be tot and not tox
May The Force Be With You! & Have a wormTastic game!
toxis374 toxis374

Re: Map Upload Service for Byt

All X but none of the x
toxis374 toxis374

Re: Map Upload Service for Byt

Update

The service now accepts only file name lengths not exceeding 35 characters. This is due to a limitation of GHost++. If you encounter a name of a file you want to upload, feel free to rename it to something meaningfull within the limitation of 35 characters before uploading.

All existing files violating the limitation have been renamed by me arbitrarily.
toxis374 toxis374

Re: Map Upload Service for Byt

Dyndns sucks. Always removing the host name.   Next time this happens, I consider using another dynamic DNS service.

And yes, I'm still alive.
wTc[JediMaster] wTc[JediMaster]

Re: Map Upload Service for Byt

WB :)
May The Force Be With You! & Have a wormTastic game!
wTc[JediMaster] wTc[JediMaster]

Re: Map Upload Service for Byt

So what site you use now?
and when you put it up don't say: change all X - T or are you Totis374 :P?

anyway thx for the help :P
May The Force Be With You! & Have a wormTastic game!
toxis374 toxis374

Re: Map Upload Service for Byt

Sorry for reading your concern so late. For future issues I suggest you add me to your BNet friend list, my id is BlackStar#2723. You can also add me to Jabber/XMPP: tox@gabbler.de

I re-activated the domain (again ), its now http://tx.dyndns.info/mapul/

Btw, you can now find me often in D3  I just installed SC2, and I'm like someone to teach me something
wTc[JediMaster] wTc[JediMaster]

Re: Map Upload Service for Byt

ye you was dropped aswell :P
have some probs loggin in aswell but bit been down so have not been so big loss :P
kk thx for link have not checked if it work cuz im not home so have no maps on this comp.
ye seems you gota fix it all the time :P maybe have it like tox1-tox35 after a while ;)?
SC2 ask tog he was hypped on it a while back so he can prob help you if he want to.
May The Force Be With You! & Have a wormTastic game!
wTc[JediMaster] wTc[JediMaster]

Re: Map Upload Service for Byt

It's Dissabled again maybe use something else :S ?
May The Force Be With You! & Have a wormTastic game!
toxis374 toxis374

Re: Map Upload Service for Byt

I hereby officially declare DynDNS a shit service. Not only they kept on removing the domain entry again and again, they seem to now have ultimativly removed the free domain entry service. I will be looking for another provider

I would like to emphasize again that you all, but especially Pale, can find me in BNet with the tag BlackStar#2723, and in jabber with tox@gabbler.de if you would like to contact me for any reason
toxis374 toxis374

Re: Map Upload Service for Byt

The upload service can now be found at http://tox.selfhost.eu/MapUL. I hope that this issue is now solved once and for all.
wTc[JediMaster] wTc[JediMaster]

Re: Map Upload Service for Byt

Hahah ye seems 2 change faster then you can update/we use it so it's only up for like 7 days xD

you have a wc3 BNet acc named "BlackStar#2723" ??? strange acc name tho :S

Ye thx for the new site hope it last longer :)

and btw since you are not online anymore (or not as activly) i would like 2 have root so i can add admins :P