Shaman Input Thread 9/20

ucantbuildthere ucantbuildthere

Shaman Input Thread 9/20

shamans lets hear your thoughts?
I approve this post
ucantbuildthere ucantbuildthere

Re: Shaman Input Thread 9/20

Specifically about bot management, clan recruitment and criteria, as well as map suggestions.
I approve this post
ucantbuildthere ucantbuildthere

Re: Shaman Input Thread 9/20

i think our bots are not very effective. we seem to only control the euro bot and that is only if shamans or hosts individually spam it. we are not represented on all 4 servers and that hurts our visibility.
I approve this post
ucantbuildthere ucantbuildthere

Re: Shaman Input Thread 9/20

i think all the bot controls should be updated. the only informative thread on bot control is from compit from 4 yrs ago.
I approve this post
ucantbuildthere ucantbuildthere

Re: Shaman Input Thread 9/20

This post was updated on .
if u get promoted to shaman u should know how to control bot
I approve this post
ucantbuildthere ucantbuildthere

Re: Shaman Input Thread 9/20

if u want to get promoted to shaman u should know how to control lobby.
I approve this post
wTc[JediMaster] wTc[JediMaster]

Re: Shaman Input Thread 9/20

try loggin on the other 3 servers, USEast, USWest & Asia and try to /whois the bot and join from that server to the current gn. And you'll see that we are indeed hosting on all 4 servers.

However as I said be4 it's not about us not hosting on those servers it's about that people mostly/mainly look @ and follow the bots they see here:

http://makemehost.com/games.php
https://entgaming.net/forum/games.php

So since most only check here they dont follow our bots 24/7 as they do with those.

About bot management I would like to know what you mean, and then from there teach/explain how you do stuff.

Informative thread for bost has mainly been when we change the name of the bots or get another.

"control lobby" = ??
What do you mean by that?

"we are not represented on all 4 servers" well depends what you mean but we are an EU based clan.
May The Force Be With You! & Have a wormTastic game!
Compit Compit

Re: Shaman Input Thread 9/20

The main problem with our bots are that the games do not appear in the game list. I had to refresh 11 times before i saw a game by wTc. Other games by BK (Castle Fight, HvsA), ENT (Castle Fight) or MMH are always on top. The game "Bo op..." is always in the top 3.
Their bots are simply better (=better visibility in the game list), therefore more people join the games. If you never see a game by wTc, you wont join it. Years ago we had one of the best bots (different provider) and had more than 200 games of FvG per day. Lunaghost (current provider) is not willing to make the bots better, i asked them many times in the past. They know how to do it, there is a relation between luna, bk and mmh.

Solution: Convince Lunaghost to make the bots better (€€€€), ask BK or ENT to put our maps on a good bot (good 4 the player, bad 4 the clan), find a new better bot provider.

PS: To improve the bots, you must tweak the code of Ghost++ (hosting application). It might be possible that, the map affects the visiblity aswell. You must ask somebody who knows. If thats true, our map maker could "fix" the maps.
GIVE ME COOOOOOOOOOOKIES!!!!! HAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRRRR >>>:-(
Compit Compit

Re: Shaman Input Thread 9/20

http://fvg-jimdo-com.2294401.n4.nabble.com/Bot-Commands-f4034657.html

That's all for the old bot.
GIVE ME COOOOOOOOOOOKIES!!!!! HAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRRRR >>>:-(
wTc[JediMaster] wTc[JediMaster]

Re: Shaman Input Thread 9/20

People Randomly host HP/FvG on the hosting services, and from what I gather ENT dont seems to like/want to host our maps or dont wanna do it "for us".

Luna Ghost -
" All host bots are more or less the same. You can read a bit at
https://www.lunaghost.com/knowledgebase/. If you have special needs like
modifications then a hosting bot service probably won't work well, you
should purchase VM or run on friend server and setup the bot yourself
(it will also be cheaper then, and easier to make modifications)
. "

But yes checking the Gamelist lobby is a so-so way of finding games tho that aint really the main way people use anymore anyway. as I said :P
Some people talked about BK be4 but did not give me any information to go on.

I tested looking for wTc[Bit] & wTc[Bot] and worked after 1 Refresh the first time, and 6 the 2nd time I tried, and saw it right away the 3rd time. So might have something to with an algorithm that BNet uses?

+ Compit for now you are our only mapmaker even tho your on your way out/away from that.
May The Force Be With You! & Have a wormTastic game!
ucantbuildthere ucantbuildthere

Re: Shaman Input Thread 9/20

This post was updated on .
"control lobby" = ??
What do you mean by that?

in-game lobby. when a wtc is trying to get a game going and has bot control. i.e opening closing slots, even teams, moderating, setting games modes etc...
I approve this post
wTc[Apocolypse] wTc[Apocolypse]

Re: Shaman Input Thread 9/20

ucantbuildthere ucantbuildthere

Re: Shaman Input Thread 9/20

"So since most only check here they dont follow our bots 24/7 as they do with those."

who i am trying or wanting to target are new and average players. it can take 25 - 50 games to hook a good new player to our maps. in that time they aren't usually coming to our site and copying and pasting current game names. (also remember this wasn't an option until we started this bot back up...) these players rely on the availability of our hosting bots and advertising the available of games. this is why i say our bot is inefficient. I hardly ever actually wait for our host bot in custom games. i just go to our channel or our site to find the curr game and copy paste, but new players aren't doing this.

"About bot management I would like to know what you mean, and then from there teach/explain how you do stuff."

this thread is in response to your 3 in-game mssgs to all the shaman. you asked us to get together to discuss things, well this is my attempt to get the shaman to provide the input your looking for. i am just trying to promote communication and started the thread out with what was on my mind, bots. why do i always sense a condescending tone in your reply's?
I approve this post

Sorry jedi, I agree with ucant, a Compit. I can literally smoke half a jay before I seek our games, granted that's me looking for other games also. And I have run into a lot of players telling me that it's hard to find fvg. And as Compit said about back in the days how Gameshe would fill up faster.
ucantbuildthere ucantbuildthere

Re: Shaman Input Thread 9/20

to be fair here, jedi has done much work in managing our bots and communicating with the hosts. he also has tried to set up tourneys and advertise on external sites. lets not loose sight of that. what i am hearing is we cant get in good with the bigger custom map makers to help promote our maps and the host we are using - lunaghost is mediocre at best and not really willing to do more to help us. so that leaves us with building our own private hosts bots, however i do remember in my last clan these private bots were always getting banned by wtc for spamming.
I approve this post

@compit, thanks for re posting those bot control threads. very useful info.
I approve this post
wTc[JediMaster] wTc[JediMaster]

Re: Shaman Input Thread 9/20

This post was updated on .
@Ucant Ok so Admin CMDs then? some usefull cmds: !pub !swap x x !ping !from !open x !comp x x !kick xxx !mute xxx !banlast !hcl !hcl x !sp

Wc3 rarely gets new players anymore it's mostly peoples activeness that move around or comeing back from some years without beeing online. But yes can take time, and even harder when you add that most people disslike loseing.  What was not posible be4? the StatsWebsite thingy here on site? well it was some time ago, but was removed after budget cuts, since keeping bit&bot alive was more important then haveing online stats & bans.

Ok so "Admin Rules" = "Bot Management"
Ye it's good, was just very open so somewhat hard to understand what you were talking about :P

"bigger map makers" you mean the bigger alliances/sites right? Well we as individuals would be able to join them but to get them to agree as some kind of co-op would be harder since we are wTc alrdy and we have most of the stuff alrdy, just smaller and less active since we are based from 1 clan and 2 maps insteed or a mass of randoms and parts from several clans and any/many maps. Anyway one of the problems with that is that we currently dont really have any map makers at all within clan.

So to get suport for a map we are lacking a mapmaker to update&develop that makes it kinda hard :P
And most people on Hive dont seems to like the idea of takeing up someone else work, they are more into the weekly mini-map challages and evolveing thier mapmakeing skills then makeing something good and playable. AKA they are more or less just the cornerstone in many maps/mappers careers, rather then acting as a map factory. Still we might get lucky with someone someday when they are free :)

@Apo well have you tried hosting on mmh/ent? well yes it's hard since most dont even know what the bots name is cuz they dont open thier eyes and cuz they have no idea of how to /whois. and those that know that is probably checking the sites to see stuff faster then whois'ing 40 bots :P

And yes I remember that too, most seems to forget what kind of "era" that was. Wc3 itself was more active and succesfull back then pre-sc2 thats was more or less the "last hit" to break wc3. Now we are survivors xD Everything for everyone went better back then wTc had more active & careing members, both mapers were active with updates.

We filled our games just as mutch as the randoms did, still just as now it was mostly based on regulars but as said when wc3 was more active the players here were aswell so they came back, you did not just see 1 fella 100 times 1 week and then he was gone. (that still happend but mostly people came back).
People were able to wait then aswell (DLers still was around ofc) and did not just join and look for 3-5 sec then leave. or join and start spaming "go" when it is like 3 people ingame. So wc3 was more active and people were able to stay, then yes 1 joined a game and waited. and did not just leave cuz it was empty was kinda VIP to be first choseing the slot/color you want then watching the rest come.

Now if your first most automaticaly think it's a ghost town. so they leave and 1 second after that one left another come and thinks the same and leaves. Looks kinda funny if your there in game see 15 people join and leave within a short or long span of time, insteed of them calming down join and wait then then start a chain reaction thats posetive insteed of negative.

So yes Lack of knowlage and ability to wait and a diffrent time then back then. So yes it's not the same as it once was. :P

May The Force Be With You! & Have a wormTastic game!
wTc[JediMaster] wTc[JediMaster]

Re: Shaman Input Thread 9/20

So Do we have any FvG Admin rules then?

And some kind of skill test?
May The Force Be With You! & Have a wormTastic game!